We love pizza around here, and here is one I made that is very point-friendly.
Dough - makes 2 crusts, 8 servings
1 tsp quick rise yeast (make sure yours is fresher than mine *roll eyes*)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
2 tbsp cornmeal
In mixer or food processor, combine dry ingredients, then add in wet and mix until it forms a ball. Put into bowl sprayed with cooking spray, cover and let rise until it doubles in size (around 60 minutes). Divide dough in half, and roll into 2 balls and let rise for another 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 500. Prepare 2 pans with non-stick spray, dusted with 1 tbsp cornmeal. Roll out dough and place on pans. Bake for about 15 minutes.
4 points per serving - 1/4 of pizza.
Toppings!
Here is where it's fun! I did some tomato sauce with italian spices on the bottom. Then I did orange peppers, sun-dried tomatoes (not the ones in oil), mushrooms, fresh spinach. You could add just about any veggies you want to make it good. Then I did a cup of low fat mozzarella cheese shredded overtop, with a small sprinkle of parmesan.
For the whole thing, including topping - 6 points for 1/4 of a pizza. Yummy, and way better than frozen pizza!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment