oh, poor little neglected blog. I'm here to plug my favorite cookbook these days - The New Complete Cookbook again.
Some fantastic meals we've had lately
- the London broil steak, but done on the bbq. We did 1.5 pounds of meat instead of the 1 pound it called for. Took the 2 extra servings and sauteed with peppers the next night and had fajitas with WW tortilla shells, some light grated cheese, salsa and sour cream.
- Lemony Spring Vegetable Risotto
This was so good. Probably would have been better with fresh thyme, but we only had dried. Risotto is a bit 'hands on' prep-wise, but SO worth it.
-Barbeque Pork with Mop Sauce
If you are a pork lover, this is amazing. the hubby didn't believe that this was a WW recipe. If we weren't married, he would have proposed on the spot. :) the kids didn't care for it (too 'picy said one), but we liked it! The recipe says to use indirect heat on the bbq, and I had to google it. Apparently, it involves turning one bbq burner on, and putting the meat over the other burner, with a pan of water in the bbq - I used a small foil pan - and shut the lid. Simple as anything! Served with leftover risotto and salad. Yum!
I also made the Frozen Mango-Lime Mousse. Nice and tasty, and easy, if a bit higher in points than I would have hoped for.
Monday, June 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment